I have no idea…
I’m not really into Disney.
I’ve just spent 15 minutes looking at Disney movie titles trying to jog my memory and I really just don’t know.
Um I liked the scene in Aladdin when Jasmine is trying to be seductive towards Jafar because I laughed when I was a kid and a grinned when I was an adult.
I liked a few moments in Mulan - when will my reflection show who I am inside. -What about a girl who always speaks her mind? -You don’t meet a girl like that every dynasty.
I liked the moment in TRON where Kurt Russel had his first light cycle race and he figures out how to get free.
So they rubbed off overnight because I didn’t have any clear polish to put over. Trap for young players.
Things to note if you are going to try it:
- Definitely use light polish.
- Use NEW newspaper - with ink still fresh. I used old paper and it didn’t work as well as it might have.
- Vodka works just as well as rubbing alcohol
- Make sure you hold it on for ages. I also used a hairdryer before I rinsed my nails as the newspaper really stuck to me - but when it wasn’t, there was no relief. I think the age of the newspaper had something to do with that.
- Use a clear polish at the end to keep it on. As I’ve already said, mine was pretty much gone in the morning so I’ve just repainted over the red.
- It’s Bruce Freakin’ Willis
- C’mon, it’s Morgan Frickin’ Freeman
- Karl Freaking Urban
- John Freaking Malkovich
- It’s Richard bloody Dreyfuss
And Helen Mirren. Helen’s Awesome.
This is a great movie. I’m squeeing, clapping my hands and laughing. Like a fan girl. Mark’s pretty into it too.
I love that we have the same taste in 99% of movies.
These guys are just freaking bad ass. From the beginning. Old and bad ass and I love them all.
psalmistgirl answered your question:Watching this movie. Man, I love Bruce Willis…. atm….putting off doing the dishes and watching how I met your mother…should be doing stuff!
Hey lovely :-) HIMYM… always interesting. Earlier seasons at least. Newer seasons lost me a bit. Occasional one is entertaining. I’m really enjoying According to Jim at the moment. Which is really retarded.
Dishes… sigh. I have this logic that as long as they are rinsed then they can wait. I had a ‘day off’ today. Which has been really nice.
Niche markets… I kind of want to go. But I’m scared of spending money! Also in City Park on Saturday there is a Aus Youth Orchestra wind quartet playing at 12:30. And a dinosaur petting zoo puppet show (which will be beyond amazing but am not going due to kids) in the same park at 11AM or 2PM. So it could be a fun Saturday in Launceston.
Odd and the Frost Giants
Have you read this book? It’s fantastic. It’s also incredibly short. I have recorded the first chapter of me reading it for an assignment. I would do the whole thing if I thought anyone would listen to me.
Watching Mutant Chronicles while hanging out on the couch. Not much actual storyline yet.
Have decided to have day off studying today because I will spend the day at uni tomorrow studying in the library before my tute/lecture.
I’m up to date and even a week ahead in one subject and have started one assignment due on the fifteenth. I’m pretty pleased with this.
You’re always going to be able to look at stuff in your life and say ‘I could have done that differently’.
But just because you could have done it differently, and maybe you would even do it differently now, does not mean you regret what you did.
- According to the incredibly dodgy scales I have lost .8kg (1.76 pounds) during my first week of weight watchers and I’m kind of proud of myself for sticking to it and making so many big changes so effectively. As a grazing student it has not been easy.
- I keep thinking I should go out and do stuff but that requires putting on going outside clothes.
- My sister, Bethany, is sick. She’s super so if you guys could offer a quick prayer, that would be great.
- I have to go out and find a weird object most people won’t know what it is. So op shops!
- I wish it was Thursday.
- I’m really proud of how hard I’ve worked with uni this week. I’ve only got one tutorial left and it’s an on campus on on Thursday. So that’s good. But not the reason I wish it were Thursday.
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night” —Sarah Williams ‘The Old Astronomer’ (via quote-book)
3 tarantulas, 25 cockroaches, or 50 worms.
Okay, are they alive? Are they deep-fried? I’ve eaten a deepfried tarantula before, that was okay.
If they are live… worms, I think. I don’t think I could have moving legs in my mouth.
As in, I split them then topped them with BBQ sauce, onion, tomato, capsicum, spinach leave and pinch of mozzarella cheese.
And ONLY 3 points a half!
Trying not to make more… but it’s delicious.
“been thinking about which fictional character you remind me of. and joe from little women came up. from the movie actually. with winona ryder. you reminded me of Joe March because like Joe, you are passionate, and stubborn, and tom boyish at times. and at times very lady like. and the best part of the character of joe is that she’s not perfect. and she has flaws, and she’s someone that, atleast I can relate to.”
I have utterly lost you on my dashboard. I am a terrible person but I can not remember who you are.
I got your letter yesterday though.
P.S. please identify yourself?
I’m really enjoying this actually. If you want to add another one for me click here.
But I love that all of the ones I have seen are creative or funny, always encouraging and honest. I love the disclaimers some of us are adding about how we just can’t picture you as being a fictional character.
Some of these ask box trends that go round… they ask for horrible things like put the colour violet in my ask box if you want me to go die. I mean, how is that edifying or uplifting?
Anyway, I like this one. I love how no one is implying anyone is fake or petty or small. But we’re showing each other love, respect and encouragement.
Thanks for being awesome tumblr.
Do you guys remember when my friend Peach and I made my veil?
Well, we’ve been selected to go in the Instructables book! I also got a one year membership too.
So that’s really cool :-)
Wow that’s quite flattering.
People really should not think so well of me. I’m not as wonderful as all that.
But thank you.
Aw! I’m highly flattered. She’s amazing :-)
Thanks Katee. You’re the best.
this could be fun :-)
astarinmyuniverse replied to your post:Day 22: What Would You Have Named Yourself Why did you change your name? Or is that a personal story?
I went into witness protection after witnessing a mob hit.
For as long as I can remember whenever God spoke to me, He would call me Sarai. When I was really young (seven or so) I couldn’t really figure out why. But as I got older I realised that was His name for me, and so it was my truest name. When I was sixteen a lot of the stuff I’d been battling since I was twelve reached my parents and I was able to be a little more open with them about who I was and how I felt. I said ‘I’m not Sarah. I’m not the girl you raised, or who you want me to be. I feel like my name is Sarai, it’s the name God uses when He spoke to me and it’s the name I feel like is mine. And I’m a Sarai. I just am.’ My mother said, ‘you know, I wanted to name you Sarai when you born and your father wouldn’t let me’. Which was huge news to me. Then I went to Dad who said, ‘I wanted to name you Sarai after your mother got pregnant and she recorded Sarah on the birth certificate’. I NEVER knew this story. I only knew that they always wanted ‘Sarah and Benjamin’. But yeah. They both had planned to call me Sarai, God called me Sarai, I just… was a Sarai. So I took it as my preferred name for three years and then changed it legally a couple of years back.
Sorry, it’s a really long story.
Well… I did name myself.
I was born Sarah Joy McDougall.
And then when I was 16 I became Sarai Joy McDougall.
And now I’m Sarai Joy McDougall Lawson.
Which is particularly ironic given a) when I changed my name to Sarai I nearly took my mother’s maiden name and b) I was never going to get married.
To be honest I’d probably really like a fairy-tale name. Like ‘Amelia Pond’ or ‘Raven Evensong’ or ‘Ariana Hunter’… but I love my name because God chose it for me and I named myself for him.
First when I changed my name to Sarai and second when I let Him convince me to keep my middle and surname… and finally when I named myself with husband’s last name, by His command. So, I’m good.
I cleaned out my handbag yesterday and now I can not find this weeks menu plan!
Um um um um um …
Tortillas with salsa and salad….
Maybe… roast veg?
There should be at least one more meal on that list.
Oh well, do the ones I know and then whatever’s left over shall become food!
I also need to make tomato vegetable soup for my lunches this week and I have not had time today as have been assignment obsessed after a late start to the day due to being a whiner.
fragilefears replied to your post: Using Mark’s Computer SAME! Samwise has 7 & Office, I have XP & Open. So I have to wait until he is at work to do assignments :P Also, my laptop is super slow and lame and can’t run things properly. But I sympathise with your frustrations.
Mark just bought me Microsoft Office! Well, through his company he could buy it cheap and he wanted to buy two programs he has at work on his home computer… so it was $15 a program and he had to get the full office for $15 as well… so he gave it to me!
But I already used his computer to do my assignments before he emailed me haha.
That said: I have this rule where I try really hard not to study when Mark is home. Why, you ask? Simple: I get stressed and focussed and shut off to any outside influences when I am studying. Is that good for my marriage? No. Will I get grumpy about never seeing Mark and blame him for being on the computer when I chose to log off and spend half an hour with him even though it’s my fault for studying from the second he walked in the door until 9PM? Yes. Is that okay? No. I really need those study boundaries so I try not to do study unless he’s at work. Or at music. Works for me anyway :-)
He has Windows 7
I have Windows XP (hey it was that or Vista)
He has Microsoft Office
I have Open Office
I need to use Microsoft Office to finish the formatting on my assignments.
I need to flick between a web page and the word document.
The damn menu thing at the top of the page is DRIVING ME MENTAL. If I accidentally open IE one more time I’m gonna punch it. Not really.
- finish my assignments - it’s only formatting and labelling some photos then I can submit two assignments
- Do my Planning for Positive Behaviour lecture and tutorial contribution for week 6
Call people about Mark’s tyres. Call Mark about Mark’s tyres to get the type of tyres. Eh this can wait until tomorrow.
- Watch this week’s episode of Castle on Plus7 because I missed it last night due to Tim Minchin
- Do that stuff after Castle
- Wait for my real estate agent to call me back about the leaking roof.
Guys, I’m having a bad tired feeling sick day and all I want is junk food. I weighed myself on yesterday, which is against my personal rules, and I’ve lost 500g since I started weight watchers so I really need not to screw up because weigh day is going to be time of the month day and y’all know we’re heavier then.
- Wife: you do know I will do that I will do that to our hypothetical child... In the cute happy voice say 'i will do anything to get you to shut up and I will almost be happy if the goblins take you...'
- Husband: oh do not let anyone else hear you saying that. But I take your point.
- Wife: I heard though, that if you turn a baby upside down when it's crying it will stop. And then you turn it back up it does not cry.
- Husband: I would be shocked into silence if you turned me upside down. We should try this on other's peoples kids.
- Wife: I will try it on our baby, you do realise?
- Husband: oh our kids are screwed, do not further disadvantage them they are going to have enough problems as it is...
- You know we should probably actually sow positivity into our hypothetical progeny's life. I am sure through interaction witghh their aunt bethany they will develop some normal social ability... I retain no faith in our ability to do this.
Well the first thing to eliminate would be words I can mime or express physically. Like ‘love’ and ‘God’. But how can you not say ‘love’ or ‘God’?
Mainly because I’m in pain a lot and it’s either pain or sick it’s important to communicate to a doctor.
But lots of positive things because if you can only say positive things… well… that will become your heart.
I also hope I can still write and use more words than just these.